|Altitude||1900 - 2100 masl|
Taste Notes: Banana, cacao nibs, mango, papaya, tropical fruits
This coffee is sourced from Nordic Approach. Nordic Approach is an importer focusing solely on sourcing traceable quality green coffees with distinct flavor profiles. We work and buy from progressive producers, cooperatives and suppliers in East Africa, Colombia, Brazil and Central America. They work extensively on the ground in origin to contribute to product development and to identify, select, and import coffees from the origins and regions we believe have the best potential. They are commited to:
• Selectively source coffees based on flavors, cup profile and quality.
• Pay good premiums as they believe it’s the only way to sustainable farming and production.
• Guarantee lot separation, full traceability, proper dry-milling, bagging, and sorting.
• Provide efficient logistics from origin to our warehouse and/or to the roasters.
• Stand behind their products and guarantee there is no quality drop prior to arrival.
Shakiso is a washing station in Derikidame, Hambela, West Guji. 650 farmers deliver cherry to the washing station. The soil type is fertile, red brown.
For the natural process: the cherries are dried in the sun on so called "African drying beds" for approx. 18-21 days. In the daytime he cherries need to be raked permanently in order to ensure consistent drying process. In the day time , it will be coved from 1 to 3pm in order to protect hot sun, as well as, when the night comes the beds are carefully covered to protect it from rain fall.